Is there a waiting period for buying hunting rifles?
Also when buying a handgun from a pawnshop is there a waiting period and do you have to register it?
Not doing anything illegal just writing a story and would like to know.
The gun's a rifle if that makes a difference.
1. well i waiting period i have no clue but i allways thought you could buy one when you wanted it lol atleast thats what i done with my shotgun
2. I'm sure it all depends on your state and local laws but typically you have to wait about 2 minutes for the dealer to make the Federal back ground phone call. This applies to both rifles and hand guns. Anything else is purely up to the state and local laws...maybe some store policies.
3. not on rifles in most states
4. when you buy any gun at any store or other (excluding private sales) you have to go through regular procedures
5. It varies from state to state, In IL its a day wait. However my bro in florida w/ a conceal / carry permit can simply walk in buy a weapon & walk out.
6. In most US states, there is no waiting period for buying rifles or shotguns, and registration is not required. In California and some of the northeastern states, this may be different. Go to www.nraila.org to research state gun laws.
For buying handguns, some states may make you wait, or at least require a permit to purchase one. Registration may or may not be required. Pawn shops have to follow the same regulations as any other gun dealer, with the possible exception of cases in which somebody is recovering a gun which he has previously pawned.
7. * No to both of your questions here in Pa.*
8. Have the basic common sense to tell us what state you're talking about.
It's like asking "Yahoo! Eurasian contintental plate Answers" about gun laws.. You're gonna get a wildly different answer everywhere.
9. There is no waiting period on hunting rifles. In my state there is no waiting period on handguns if you have a concealed pistol license. There is also no registration of handguns or rifles. Your state may be different, but since you did not tell us where you live I am unable to tell you what the laws in your state are like.